Friday, August 25, 2006

Lost in the whirlwind, ninety-six, Bonnie and Clyde...

So check it out. My homegirl and my Dad's friend here, Diana Marie Delgado, is getting some of her poetry published in the upcoming issue of Indiana Review! That means, D is on her way to becoming the New Generation's Lorna Dee Cervantes. (Now now...she still more than a Loose Woman, who breaks things, ping ping...that's so 1980s). Anyway, you should check out her work, yo. She went to my Dad's grad school and she knows how to treat a dog. In fact, she's even written a poem called "Wolf!" ...but I don't think it's about a dog...

Here we are partying like gangstas in the NYC. Man, I hardly remember anything from that night. That's what I get from hanging out with a California Chola. New Mexico cholas don't even come close. Shout out to my girl, D!

Wolf

Wolf can’t walk so he sends me
to the liquor store for Sisco
and two loose cigarettes.
Babe, he yells after me

make sure it’s the pink one,
orange doesn’t give a good buzz.
I look up and the sun is flashing,
the pavement grain aglitter.

Earlier, he lifted the cushion
of his chair to show me a gun
wrapped in shoeshine rags.
Just in case—he said, pointing the gun

toward the cawing field across the street.
Weeks had passed since the fire
but the birds still circled, searching
for something to land on.


© Diana Marie Delgado

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Letty

7:57 PM  
Blogger indie said...

Hello puppy dog!

My name is Indie and I'm an 8 month old J.R.T from the U.K

what a cool blog you have pup!
you leed a good life. Me too puppy pal, check out my blog if you want to
indiestarstonewww.blogspot.com

Really like your words.

All the best from London,

Indie

6:35 AM  
Blogger Tupac Da Dogg said...

Nice to meet you, Indie. An English JRT. Wow. I like your accent.

Tupac

12:59 PM  
Blogger Diana Marie Delgado said...

Wow, this is becoming E-Harmony for dogs... Thanks for the shout out. very nice. The Indiana Review should be out any day the local bookstores. GET iT. I'll be reading at the Cornelia Street Cafe this wednesday for peeps that our up to it... And I'll be sending out a link to where you can hear La Delgado reading some featured poems and popping off about random betweens about poetry.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Tupac Da Dogg said...

Read the one about me chasing pigeons! Read the one about me chasing pigeons!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home